Kevin M. Koutsky, M.D.
As someone who loves working with his hands and enjoys the biomechanics of the musculoskeletal system, the field of orthopaedic medicine was a natural choice for Dr. Kevin Koutsky. Understanding that back pain affected so many people in his community, Dr. Koutsky was drawn to studying spinal disorders and is devoted to finding new treatments that help his patients regain their health and reclaim back their active lives.
Dr. Koutsky earned his medical degree from the Stritch School of Medicine at Loyola University Chicago. After medical school, he completed a General Surgery Internship at Cook County Hospital through the University of Illinois, and he went on to pursue his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Illinois. Following his residency, Dr. Koutsky earned a Spine Trauma Fellowship at Northwestern University.
Since 1998, Dr. Koutsky has been affiliated with Elmhurst Memorial Hospital. Here, he has distinguished himself in the field of spinal disorders caused by trauma, degeneration, or deformity and in performing spinal fusions. To better serve his patients, peers, and community, Dr. Koutsky values transparency and trust above all else when providing clinical and surgical care.
In his personal time, Dr. Koutsky enjoys spending time outdoors fishing, hiking, and golfing. He is also involved in Cub Scouts with his sons. In pursuit of furthering his knowledge about the things he enjoys, he has even taken a sommelier course.
As a devoted medical professional, Dr. Koutsky works to give his patients the individual care that they deserve by seeking non-surgical treatment for relief of back and neck pain and utilizing customized surgical options only when necessary.
If you’re unsure of what is causing your back or neck pain, Dr. Koutsky will provide a thorough examination and even second opinion so that you can get back to doing the things that you enjoy.
Spine & Orthopaedic Conditions:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Radiculopathy – Lumbar and Cervical
- Vertebral Fracture
- Spinal Instability
- Herniated Disk
- Pinched Nerves
Clinical & Surgical Services:
- Spinal Fusion: Cervical
- Spinal Fusion: Lumbar
- Vertebral Fractures
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Disk Replacement
- Revision Surgery
- Low Back Pain
- AMERICAN BOARD OF ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY
CERTIFICATION: Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- AMERICAN BOARD OF SPINE SURGERY
Diplomate, American Board of Spine Surgery
- AMERICAN BOARD OF INDEPENDENT MEDICAL EXAMINERS
Diplomate, American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
AMA Impairment Certification, Guides 6th Edition
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Diplomate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Board of Spine Surgery, Diplomate
- American College of Spine Surgery
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiners, Diplomate
- North American Spine Society
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- Spine Arthroplasty Society
- Illinois Orthopaedic Society
- American Medical Association
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Chicago Medical Society
- Surgical Review Committee, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Surgical Executive Committee, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Addison Trail High School
- Timothy Christian High School
- St. Francis Academy
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital – Community Lecturer